How do I set up my wireless connection in Windows XP?
Watch this short video for help setting up your wireless network in Windows XP or scroll below for step-by-step instructions.
1. In the start menu, click the "Control Panel" shortcut.
2. In the Control Panel window, click Switch to Classic View. If the text reads Switch to Category View, then you are already in Classic View and can skip to the next step.
3. In the Control Panel window, double-click the Network Connections shortcut.
4. In the Network Connections window, right-click on the appropriate wireless network connection, and select View Available Wireless Networks.
5. In the Wireless Network Connection window, select network then click "Connect".
NOTE: For Windstream equipment, the wireless network name is located on the bottom or back of the modem next to SSID.
6. Next you will be prompted to enter the password for the network For Windstream equipment, this password is also located on the bottom or back of the modem, next to Network/Security Key. NOTE: Some keys/passwords are case-sensitive, please make sure you use uppercase and lowercase letters appropriately.
Windstream is one of the largest providers of telecommunications services in rural communities in the United States, and we are a customer-focused telecommunications company that provides phone, high-speed Internet and digital television services. We also offer a wide range of IP-based voice and data services and advanced phone systems and equipment to businesses and government agencies.
Please let us know who you
are so we can check for the available services to your home!
I'm a New Customer
I'm an Existing Customer
Sorry. We were unable to find an account for this phone
number. Ensure the phone number is correct or enter another number
that is your account phone number.
If this is your
Windstream account number, please call us at 1-866-445-5880 for
Please check that you entered your address correctly.