Configuring a High-Speed Internet modem in Bridge Mode allows your PC, separate router or other device to establish a connection to the Internet. The device usually connects directly behind the High-Speed Internet modem and is configured with the PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet) username and password.
*Note: When the modem is in bridge mode, the internal security of the modem is not on. For security on your network, check your settings on the device connected to the modem to ensure protection. This will most likely be a firewall in that device.
- Select ADVANCED SETUP
- Select PROCEED at advanced user challenge screen
- Select WAN IP ADDRESSING under the IP ADDRESS section on the left-hand menu.
- In SECTION 2, Select RFC 1483 Transparent Bridging
- Select Apply to save any changes at bottom of screen.
- The "Internet" light on the front of the modem should go solid RED. This indicates the modem is in Bridge mode.
Note: If you need to get the modem out of bridge mode, you will need to hard reset the device by pressing and holding the ‘reset’ button for 10 seconds.