Common causes of slow speeds:
1. Cloud storage services like iCloud , OneDrive, Google Drive, etc., as they generally use every bit of bandwidth they can when running.
2. Other connected devices streaming, or downloading.
3. Viruses and spyware can cause issues by sending out data, or by greatly reducing your computer or device’s resources.
4. Using wireless connections instead of hard-wired (ethernet).
5. Line issues physically affecting your connection, or area network issues.
6. The problem might not be on your end, the web site or service you are trying to use may be having issues.
With so many factors at play, the goal is to narrow them down through these simple steps:
1. Make sure your wireless is temporarily turned off from the router, or manually turn off all wireless devices.
2. With only a hard-wired computer test your speeds.
If your speeds are okay now, watch the devices you have turned off as one of them might have been using up your bandwidth.
If your hard-wired speeds are good, but wireless speeds are poor, or if you only use wireless, and it was slow even when down to one device, click here for information on creating the best wireless experience.
If your speeds are still poor, and the hard-wired(ethernet) device you are testing with clear of issues, there may be a line issue or an area network issue. Please call 1-800-347-1991 for technical support.