If you received your Kinetic gateway, and your home is equipped with a “internet-ready jack” (picture below), installation of your internet service at your home is not required by a Kinetic technician.
If your home address qualifies for CoJack, you will find on the order confirmation email that you received, where the “internet-ready jack” is located at your home.
“Internet-ready jack” makes the internet install easy, but it is not required for self-install.
Then, follow the instructions below:
What is included with Self-Installation?
Self-Installation is free of charge and includes the following:
- Modem shipment
- Installation instructions
- Available Technical Assistance by phone
What to expect with Self-Installation
You will be provided with an Activation Date when you select Self-Installation. On this date, a technician will confirm that your address is serviceable. If the technician cannot confirm that your address is serviceable, your activation date could be delayed. Your Internet Service will not be available until the Activation Date provided.
Important things to know about your Activation Date:
- A technician will visit your house to ensure proper outdoor wiring. This will enable you to connect to the Internet.
- You do not need to be home when the technician comes to your house.
- Please have outside pets secured and gates unlocked on your activation date so the technician can have access to all necessary areas on the outside of your property.
- You will not have Internet Service prior to your Activation Date.
- Your modem will be shipped to your house, and should be received within 3-5 business days.
- You can install your modem on your Activation Date.
- Follow the instructions included with your modem for setup. The activation process will include setting up your username and email address.
- The average length of time to walk through the entire set up process is approximately 30-60 minutes.
- For assistance during installation, contact Windstream Technical Assistance at 1-888-292-3827.