Internet Safety Month – Keeping Kids Safe Online
While the internet is a fantastic tool for learning, gaming and connecting with friends, it does come with some risks. During Internet Safety Month, Kinetic by Windstream is offering families tips and tricks to keep personal information and families safe online.
Our award-winning Kinetic Secure is a myriad of tools that work together to ensure a healthy online environment for families with features such as content filters and time limits. It blocks viruses, malware, ransomware and even specific categories of websites. As much of the value is a downloadable on-the-go application for your devices, the workhorse of Kinetic Secure is the security appliance within the actual gateway, which can protect any user on your home network.
Even with Kinetic Secure, parents should still be aware of potential issues like cyberbullying, online predators, exposure to inappropriate material or sharing personal information.
There are some basic tips that can help protect kids from bad actors online:
- Keep the computer in a high-traffic area of the home.
- Establish limits for which sites to visit and for how long.
- Remember to monitor mobile devices, which depending on the carrier may have their own similar solutions which you may essentially ‘mirror’ the settings and time limits.
- Participate in online surfing with your children to monitor what they are doing.
- Know who your children are interacting with online by monitoring social media.
By staying aware of the risks and having open conversations with the children in your home, you can ensure your family’s security.
You can also deploy tools to help. Kinetic Secure is a solution to be safe and protected online and on the go, and is easily managed from a multitude of options including MyWIN mobile app, MyWIN portal online and more. Choose from a multitude of package options that fit your needs with complimentary services, including premium technical support, Wi-Fi support, identity theft and more.