As millions of Americans now sit at home sequestering themselves to better follow social distancing, many are looking for ways to stay active. Fitness enthusiasts are going virtual to keep people moving. From celebrities to personal trainers, more and more are taking advantage of online resources to turn living rooms into home gyms.
If you're in search of Thor-like abs, famous Aussie, Chris Hemsworth, is sharing his six week workout program for free. Or maybe you’re a reality TV junkie and have been following the buzz around Bachelorette Hannah Brown and Tyler Cameron? These two have been live streaming their workouts with celebrity trainer Phil Fit daily at 2 p.m. on Instagram.
Just because you’re stuck at home doesn’t mean you can’t maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle. We’ve compiled a list of virtual workouts to keep you active while adhering to social distancing guidelines:
- The Daily Burn gives you the choice to participate in group exercise or one-on-one with a trainer. Videos are a variety of different exercises from running, yoga and HIT. Currently, The Daily Burn is offering a free 60-day trial.
- Kayla Itsines offers 28-minute workouts guaranteed to increase strength and fitness. Members can also download the SWEAT app and stream exercise videos from there. In addition, Kayla Itsines has a blog series on healthy recipes. Get a preview on Instagram!
- Peloton is streaming workouts live and on demand from cycling, running, strength, cardio, yoga and more. Not only does Peloton encourage its members to workout when and where they can, but they also sell some of the best stationary bikes on the market. Members can stream their workouts using the Peloton Right now, there is a free 90-day trial being offered.
- Orangetheory Fitness is a high energy, group workout class where they say 12 minutes in the Orange Zone is all you need to charge your metabolism. With all locations closed, the company is offering at-home workouts from their Instagram for members and nonmembers.
- Forte Fit streams live and on-demand classes from some of the top studios worldwide. You can use your own weights or modify to still feel the burn. If you join now, you will get one month free.
- Barry’s is well known for its intense strength and high-cardio 50-60 minute workouts in the gym's red room. Barry's team and instructors are still offering the same exciting workouts that members and nonmembers can find daily on Instagram or plan ahead and find the schedule here.
With Kinetic Internet service, you have no data caps, which means you can trust your connection will not be interrupted at any point during your sweat sesh!