The upgrade makes it possible for Windstream to deliver broadband over its cable TV network in Cleveland for the first time.
With 100 Mbps Kinetic Internet, customers will be able to:
- Download a 1 GB HD video in as little as 1 minute, 25 seconds
- Download a High-Quality full-length album in as little as 4 seconds
- Download 100 Hi-Res Photos in as little as 16 seconds
- Play games online with less lag
- Enjoy almost seamless video chatting
To celebrate the availability of 100 Mbps service in Cleveland, Windstream’s Kinetic Mobile Events Trailer will host a launch event from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on March 19-20 at the Windstream Central Office at 158 W. Kytle St. Customers are invited to stop by, grab a bite to eat and sign up for Kinetic Internet. Customers also may sign up by visiting our retail store at 282 Furniture Plaza, Unit C, in Cornelia anytime during business hours, or by calling (877) 869-5149.
The cable upgrade plan, announced late last year, will provide 100 Mbps to more than 67,000 locations in 13 communities. In addition to Cleveland, those communities are Blairsville, Hiawassee, Young Harris, Dahlonega, Dawsonville, Helen, Homer, Cornelia, Commerce, Jefferson, Clarkesville and Nicholson, as well as Hayesville, N.C.