Troubleshooting Your Internet Connection
This is done by turning off the power to the modem, and the device(s) you are using. Any other equipment behind the Windstream router such as a 3rd party router, switch, firewall, etc. should be powered down. Leave all devices off for a full two minutes. After the full two minutes, restart the modem and only power back up other devices after the Windstream router has re-synced.
My Windstream modem has lights on it. What do they mean?Windstream uses the Segemcom 1704N modem/router. You may notice lights on the modem and wonder what they mean. Knowing what the lights mean can help determine what is going on with your internet connection. Listed left to right are the indicator lights and their meaning.
Please note: this is only for the 1704N Segemcom router/modem. If you use another router/modem, please refer to the appropriate owner’s manual for that device.
- Off Power Off
- Green Power On
- Red Router in rescue mode - Contact support.
- Off Not Trained
- Green Steady Trained Up
- Green Blinking Training Up
- Off - Power Off
- Credentials need to be configured or Bridge Mode
- Green Steady Connected
- Green Blinking Connection Attempt in progress
- Red Failed Authentication -contact technical support
- Off No Wireless device connected
- Green Steady Wireless device connected
- Green Blinking Wireless traffic
- Off No Ethernet detected
- Green Steady Ethernet port in use
- Green Blinking Traffic passing
To learn more about your modem, visit our support page here.