My Windstream modem has lights on it. What do they mean?
You may notice lights on the modem and wonder what they mean. Knowing what the lights mean can help determine what is going on with your internet connection. Listed left to right are the indicator lights and their meaning.
- Off Power Off
- Green Power On
- Red Router in rescue mode - Contact support.
- Off Not Trained
- Green Steady Trained Up
- Green Blinking Training Up
- Off - Power Off
- Credentials need to be configured or Bridge Mode
- Green Steady Connected
- Green Blinking Connection Attempt in progress
- Red Failed Authentication -contact technical support
- Off No Wireless device connected
- Green Steady Wireless device connected
- Green Blinking Wireless traffic
- Off No Ethernet detected
- Green Steady Ethernet port in use
- Green Blinking Traffic passing
If power cycling your modem does not resolve the trouble and you still need support, Windstream offers a couple of ways to contact technical support. You can contact support via with Live Chat which is available 7 AM – 8 PM CST, 7 days a week. Technical Support can also be reached by phone 24x7 at 800-347-1991.
To learn more about your modem, visit our support page here.