Yes, but only for civil cases. Windstream’s policy is to notify subscribers of requests for their Windstream account information, which includes a copy of the legal request, as soon as we are able (e.g., prior to or after disclosure of account information) unless we are prohibited from doing so (e.g., an order under 18 U.S.C. § 2705(b)). Exceptions to subscriber notices may include exigent or counterproductive circumstances, such as emergencies regarding imminent threat to life, child sexual exploitation, terrorism and any criminal case which would impede investigation We ask that any non-disclosure provisions include a specified duration (e.g., 30, 60, 90 days) during which Windstream is prohibited from notifying the subscriber.
Yes. The records that we produced are self-authenticating. Additionally, the records are electronically signed to ensure their integrity at the time of production. If you required a declaration, please indicate it in your submission or attach an affidavit for us to fill out.
All subpoenas issued in civil cases must be served on Windstream’s registered agent for service of process, Registered Agent Solutions, Inc. (RASi). RASi is authorized to accept subpoenas on behalf of any Windstream entity registered to do business by the secretaries of state. You may visit your Secretary of State website for more information. You may also contact RASi at 1-888-705-7274 or visit their website at https://www.rasi.com.
Exigent request can be made to our 24/7/365 on-call number at 501-748-7364 and via on Exigent Online Request Portal.
Local Call Detail
- Windstream customers are charged for dial tone, not per call; therefore local call detail will not appear on their bill.
- Records of local calls are not maintained in the normal course of business. To attempt to retrieve local calls detail, Windstream must perform an extensive search of raw switch data and then attempt to assemble the relevant data into a report that can be understood by the requesting party. There is no guarantee that any particular local call record will be obtained. Applicable fees may apply to any requesting party, including Law Enforcement agencies b/c this is data that is not maintained in the normal course of Windstream’s business. NO information will be released without a subpoena, court order, or other legal demand specifically requesting this information.
Call Trace Results (*57)
- Once a call is traced using the *57 feature, contact local Law Enforcement. The trace results will only be released to a law enforcement agency with a exigent request, subpoena, court order, or other legal demand. A successful trace will include the phone number captured and if that phone number is serviced by Windstream, the name and address of the subscriber will be released. If your Law Enforcement Agency has any questions regarding this process, please have them call the Windstream Law Enforcement Support Team at 877-999-7705. You may also email us at [email protected]
- For additional information about Call Trace, see our Customer FAQ section on threatening, obscene, or verbally harassing calls.
- Windstream will only provide copies of a customer’s bill statements with a subpoena, court order, or other legal demand specifically requesting this information. Applicable fees may apply, please refer to the Windstream Fee Schedule.
- Subscriber, or customer information may include customer name, physical and/or billing address. Please note that NO information will be released without a subpoena, court order, or other legal demand specifically requesting this information. Applicable fees may apply.
Toll/Long Distance Call Detail
- An itemized list of outgoing toll/long distance calls, incoming collect calls, calling cards or third party billed calls may be available on a billing statement. If a customer has an unlimited long distance plan, an itemized list may not appear on the billing statement. Prior to billing, Windstream may not be able to provide all information that will ultimately appear on the customer’s billing statement. NO information will be released without a subpoena, court order, or other legal demand specifically requesting this information. Applicable fees may apply.
- Payment information on how the customer paid may be available. However, records of actual bank, credit card or electronic fund transfers are not maintained in the normal course of business. Windstream must perform an extensive search. There is no guarantee that any particular payment record will be obtained. Applicable fees may apply to any requesting party, including Law Enforcement agencies b/c this is data that is not maintained in the normal course of Windstream’s business. NO information will be released without a subpoena, court order, or other legal demand specifically requesting this information.
Dynamic IP Addresses change every time a user connects to the Windstream’s network.The majority of Windstream customers have Dynamic IP addresses.IP addresses are not specific to a certain city or state.The customer may be issued any IP address that is assigned to the switch’s service area.The switch may cover multiple cities and states.Static IP Addresses remain the same and are typically used by Large Businesses or Government Entities.
You can access the American Registry of Internet Numbers (ARIN) website to identify the Internet Service Provider of an IP address.Use the ‘Search WHOISRWS’ function located on the top of ARIN’s home page.ARIN is not maintained by Windstream.Windstream cannot ensure the accuracy of the results provided by ARIN.
Telcodata is a website that will locate the name of the Telecommunication Service Provider when provided with an area code and prefix. This site will also break down the area code and prefix on ”pooled numbers” which are numbers split between several different service providers. For example 720-287 is pooled between 4 different service providers. Telcodata will show which Service Provider handles each pooled set of numbers. Telcodata is not maintained by Windstream. Windstream cannot ensure the accuracy of the results provided by Telcodata.