NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Nomination Requirements and Eligibility: All nominations for the Nominate Your Favorite Teacher contest must be made in person at local Windstream retail store. To find a local store, please visit www.windstream.com/stores. Only one nomination per person may be submitted. Nomination forms must be filled in completely to be eligible. The Nominate Your Favorite Teacher contest is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. By submitting a nomination, you agree to be unconditionally bound by these Rules. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Windstream as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Nominate Your Favorite Teacher contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Nominee Eligibility: The winning nominee must be a) eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of selection and b) currently employed full or part time as educator at a public or private K-12 school in the United States within 50 miles of the awarding retail store. Nominee also understands and agrees that this prize is a charitable donation being made by Windstream to the individual for the use in their classroom.
3. Nomination Period: Entries will be accepted in stores starting July 15, 2019 and ending August 30, 2019. All entries must be received at the local store by 5:00 pm local time on August 30, 2019.
4. How to Nominate: To Nominate Your Favorite Teacher you must visit your local retail store and pick-up a nomination form. The form must be completed in its entirety and be submitted at the retail store in the designated collection box. One nomination may be submitted by one person, teachers can be nominated from any K-12 school public or private and must be actively teaching at the time the winner is announced. Nominations that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Windstream. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Windstream.
5. Prizes: Each participating Windstream retail store will have one winner (24 in total.) The winning teacher will receive a charitable donation of their choice of school supplies worth a total value up to $300 before taxes. The winning teacher may choose from one of the following school supply categories: Technology: choice of tablet, laptop, TV or projector; Art: may include paint, paper, brushes, scissors, markers, stickers, glue sticks, and other art/craft items; Essentials: hand sanitizers, tissues, wipes, paper towels, zipper bags, paper, pencils, and other classroom essentials; or Reading: choice of books for classroom reading nook/library. The selection and purchase of the individual items shall be solely determined by Windstream. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Windstream to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible nominations received.
7. Winner selection and notification: For each participating retail store, the winning teacher will be the teacher that receives the most nominations of all eligible nominations received. In the event of a tie, the winning teacher will be selected by a random drawing. Winners will be notified through a telephone call to their school administration on or before September 30, winners will have two (2) weeks from notification to make their prize selection. Windstream will purchase the supplies and present them to the winning teacher at a mutually agreed to time, no later than October 31, 2019. Windstream shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notification. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, prize may be forfeited, and the teacher with the second most nominations will be selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Nominate Your Favorite Teacher contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST.
8. Rights Granted by You: By submitting a nomination in this contest or accepting a prize you understand that Windstream, anyone acting on behalf of Windstream, or its respective licensees and successors will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, the nomination, including, without limitation, the nominator’s name and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Nominate Your Favorite Teacher Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
9. Terms: Windstream reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, extend, modify or suspend the Nominate Your Favorite Teacher Contest should (in its sole discretion), fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Windstream may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Windstream. Windstream reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Nominate Your Favorite Teacher Contest or violates these Terms & Conditions.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering and accepting a prize, you agree to release and hold harmless Windstream and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the Nominate Your Favorite Teacher Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS NOMINATE YOUR FAVORITE TEACHER CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating (either by submitting a nomination or accepting a prize) in this Nominate Your Favorite Teacher Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Nominate Your Favorite Teacher Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Arkansas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Nominate Your Favorite Teacher Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Sponsor: The sponsor of the Nominate Your Favorite Teacher Contest is Windstream, 4001 Rodney Parham Road, Little Rock, AR, 72212, United States.
14. Social Media: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook or Twitter. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
16. Name of Winner: Contest results and copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "Nominate Your Favorite Teacher" c/o Windstream. Attention: Jordan Ulmschneider, 4001 North Rodney Parham Road, Little Rock, Arkansas 72212. Results will be available on or about October 1, 2019. All requests must be received by October 31, 2019.