To set up your wireless connection on your Kindle, follow the steps below:
- Press the Home button, then press the Menu button.
- Navigate to Settings by moving the 5-way controller down, then press the 5-way controller to select.
- Select view next to Wi-Fi Settings to display a list of detected Wi-Fi networks. Kindle automatically scans for available Wi-Fi networks at periodic intervals. To rescan for available networks at any time, select rescan. Note: If wireless is currently turned off, you will be asked if you want to switch it on. Click "OK" to do so.
- Locate your wireless network name (SSID). For Windstream’s modem, the wireless network name is located on the back of the router next to SSID. If your wireless router has its wireless radio broadcasting its Wi-Fi network (most have this by default, including Windstream’s modem), you should see your router's SSID listed on the list of networks.
- Select your wireless network's SSID.
- If your wireless router requires a key or password, the below prompt should appear. This password is also located on the back of the router, next to Network/Security Key. Type in the key/password and then tap Join. NOTE: Some keys/passwords are case-sensitive, make sure you use uppercase and lowercase letters appropriately.
Your Kindle should now be connected to your wireless network. Your Kindle will connect automatically when wireless is switched on.