The below information is for customers who purchased a white, 2-Wire Modem (WITH Windstream logo).
Note: If your logo fits one of the descriptions below, click here for appropriate instructions and information.
- Black wireless modem (WITH OR WITHOUT Windstream Logo)
- White wireless modem (WITHOUT Windstream Logo)
A default wireless password is assigned to each modem and is located on the side near the bottom. The password has brackets around it and will look like this: [xxxxxxxxxx].
To change the wireless password on your 2-Wire Modem, follow the steps below.
Note: You must do this from your Windstream connection. It cannot be done from a remote location.
- Go to http://192.168.254.254/ to change the name of your network on your 2-Wire Modem.
- When prompted for username and password, use ‘admin’ for both.
- Click on ‘Home Network’
- Click on 'Wireless Settings'
- In the ‘Wireless Security’ section
- Select the ‘Use custom pass phrase’ option and
- In the 'Key' box type the pass phrase you want to use. (The pass phrase should consist of 10 numbers.)
- Step 5: Click on the 'Save' button.
Your new 2-Wire Network Password has been saved. Write down your wireless network name and password and store in a safe place. You will be asked to enter for your password when you connect to your wireless network