This short video can help you set up your Windstream email on your Apple Device (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch). You can also scroll below for step-by-step instructions.
If you are going to set up email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch using IMAP, it is critical that you set up your email clients on all your PCs to use IMAP as well. Failure to do so will cause POP lock on your email account due to the nature of how IMAP maintains a session with the mail server.
The below steps should apply for setting up your Windstream email on any iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
- From your Home Screen, tap on Settings icon.
- Then tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account under the Accounts section.
- Tap Other.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- Enter in your name, email address, password, and account description, then tap 'Next".
- Tap on IMAP. If you do not have an IMAP button, skip to the next step.
- Enter imap.windstream.net for the Incoming Mail Server host name, then enter your full email address and password in the designated fields.
- Enter smtp.windstream.net for the Outgoing Mail Server host name, then enter your full email address and password in the designated fields and tap Next.
- You will see a message that says Verifying IMAP account information.
- If you get the below message, tap Yes
Your mail setup is now complete. To access your email, tap on the Mail button on your Home screen.