Watch this short video for help setting up your Windstream email in Outlook 2010. You can also scroll below for step by step instructions.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and click the orange ‘File’ menu tab at the top of the page, then click on ‘Account Settings’ in the middle of the screen and select ‘Account Settings’ from the drop down menu.
- Click the ‘New’ button on the ‘E-mail Accounts’ screen.
- Check the box at the bottom for ‘Manually configure server settings or additional server types’ and click ‘Next’.
- In the ‘Choose Service’ screen, select ‘Internet E-mail’ and click ‘Next’.
- Enter in the corresponding settings in the ‘Internet E-mail Settings’ screen. See the image below.
- Click on the ‘More Settings’ button to the right, and then select the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab. Put a check in ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ and make sure ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’ is selected.
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab at the top and make sure that your settings match the settings shown in the below table.
- Click the ‘OK’, ’ Next’, and ‘Finish’ buttons.
Your Windstream e-mail account is now setup in Outlook 2010 and you should be able to send and receive