What is included with Professional Installation?
Professional Installation includes the following:
- Setup of Windstream Wireless Modem
- Setup of your Home Network
- Installation of up to 4 peripheral devices (printers, laptops, streaming devices)
- Installation of one new phone jack if needed
What should I expect at my Professional Installation appointment?
A technician will call you on the day of your scheduled installation prior to arriving at your home. Please make sure that you have provided Windstream with a good phone number so you can be reached.
Someone 18 years or older must be present at the time of installation. Otherwise your appointment will be rescheduled for a later time, which will result in a delay in getting your service set up.
During the Installation Process, the technician will:
- Setup your new modem
- Confirm all wiring and connections are working outside your home (new wiring may be required)
- Setup your Username and Email
- Confirm your Internet connection is working
- Install up to 4 peripheral devices and one phone jack (if needed) – if more than one jack is needed there will be an additional charge
Kinetic installations include the following in addition to the items above:
- Setup your Whole Home DVR
- Setup of additional Set Top Boxes
- Tutorial of Kinetic features
DISH installation is performed by DISH technicians and is not a part of your Windstream Professional Installation appointment.
How long will installation take?
The total time for the technician to complete your install will vary. Please note that the times below are averages and are only intended as an estimate on the amount of time needed. Depending on the level of work required it could take more or less time.
For High-Speed Internet installations: If outside work is needed it could take up to two hours. However, if only inside work is required, 1 hour should be sufficient.
For Kinetic installations: Kinetic installation will take approximately 4 hours.
What can I do to prepare for my Professional Installation appointment?
There are a couple of things you can do to prepare for your installation appointment:
- To avoid delays, please ensure that someone 18 years or older is able to be present at the time of installation.
- Make sure that Windstream has a good contact phone number so you can be reach the day of installation.
- Identify where you would like the equipment to be installed in your home. Click here for help finding a good location for your wireless modem. A central location nearest to where you will be using the internet the most is best.
- Ensure access is available to the outside of your property (gates are unlocked, crawl space is accessible) and pets are in a secure place.
What if I need to change my appointment date?
If you need to reschedule your installation appointment, please call Windstream at 877-628-2567. Please have your order number available.
If you need to change your DISH installation appointment, please call DISH Network at 800-333-DISH (800-333-3474).