How do I set my modem up for PCI Compliance?
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of requirements designed to ensure that ALL companies that process, store or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment. If you need your modem set up to be PCI Compliant, follow these instructions.
First, select which modem you have:
Note: This turns off remote access capabilities and limits Windstream Internet troubleshooting.
- Select ADVANCED SETUP
- Select PROCEED at advanced user challenge screen (IF PROMPTED)
- Select REMOTE GUI under the REMOTE section on the left-hand menu.
- In SECTION 1, Set the remote GUI to disable.
- Section 2 and 3 should grey out.
- Select Apply in section 4
Setting up the VMG4927 Gateway for PCI Compliance will be the most uncommon configuration you’ll set up but it’s something very important to set up correctly for our customers that request it. The key thing to look for after setup is that Port 50580 is closed and/or the IP is unpingable.
DISCLAIMER: Once you apply these settings, you will lose remote connection to the VMG4927 Gateway. To regain remote access, the gateway will need to be factory reset!
- Remotely access the GUI of the ZYXEL Gateway through the WAN IP:50580 and then log in. Click HERE for instructions if needed.
- Click on the Menu iconon the top right, and then click on Maintenance.
- Under Maintenance click on Remote Management.
- On the Remote Management page, you’ll be on the MGMT Services tab and under the Service Control section you will uncheck ALL the boxes under LAN/WLAN and WAN so that it closes all those ports and renders the VMG4927 Gateway as PCI Compliant. This will effectively block Port 50580.
- Click Apply to save those settings.
Nokia Beacon 6
The Nokia Beacon 6 has remote access disabled by default. It should already be PCI Compliant unless you have changed this setting.
PCI Compliance is not supported with this modem.