Premium Technical Support
Premium Technical Support provides unlimited 24/7 access to Kinetic’s expert technology desk to solve PC problems. This service is a part of the Kinetic Secure solution keeping customers connected, protected and supported.
Upon purchase, you will receive a new service consult. A Premium Technical Support agent will assist in setting up your new Kinetic Secure solutions and share best practices on passwords, device management and more to help ensure that you and your family’s online experience is proactively protected.
Expert technical support can solve PC issues such as:
- Setting up a new PC and transferring files
- Restoring your slow PC so it runs like new
- Setting up a wireless network
- Solving Windows problems
- Fixing virus, spyware and security issues
- Connecting your digital cameras, iPods or printers
- Installing new software
- Providing technical advice when buying new technology
Our Kinetic experts also assist with Wi-Fi connected device issues including:
- Smart device support such as hubs, thermostats, door locks, sensors, cameras, wearables, lighting, TV’s and more
- Standard device support such as wireless PC/MAC, printers/scanners/faxes, wireless mouse/keyboards, external drives, webcams and more
Remote assistance is provided via Log Me In.
Log Me In System Requirements:
Customer Desktop Device System Requirements
Technicians using LogMeIn Rescue can provide remote support to computers meeting the following system requirements:
- Microsoft Window Vista and above (Vista is considered "best effort" as it may or may not work)
- Apple Macintosh OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and above.
Note: Rescue Applet with Mac Instant Chat requires OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and above.
- For optimal performance, the customer should be connected to the Internet via a broadband connection (T1, cable modem, ISDN, or DSL); 28K dial-up is also supported
- 100MB, plus an additional 20MB of memory for each remote-control session (Technician Collaboration can cause simultaneous remote-control sessions on the customer device)
- Note: The Log Me in Technician Console cannot remote access mobile devices running iOS or Android at this time.
Subscribers can call 1-800-347-1991 to reach a Premium Technical Support agent.
To learn more about the Kinetic Secure packages available, please visit Windstream.com/Kinetic-Secure-Packs.