To open ports for your Sagemcom 1704 modem to work with your XBOX 360, you will need to follow the steps below on your computer.
- Open your web browser type 192.168.254.254.
- When prompted, log in with admin as both the User Name and Password. Click OK.
- Click on Device Info on the left side of the screen and then click DHCP.
- Find the MAC Address that matches the first six in the screen shot and take note of the IP address assigned to it. You will need it later.
- Select Advanced Setup then UPnP.
- Uncheck the "Enable or disable UPnP protocol" box, then click Apply/Save.
- Under Advanced Setup, select NAT.
- Click on the Add button.
- Select the Custom Service option and type in the name you want to use, such as "XBox360".
- Enter the IP address that you noted in Step 4 into the Server IP Address field.
- Select the appropriate protocol for the port in the Protocol box, such as UDP.
- Type the External Port Start, External Port End, and Internal Port Start. Note -The Internal Port End field will change automatically.
- Click on the Apply/Save button.
- You should now see a line that is labeled "XBox360". Power-cycle the modem and restart the XBox 360, then test the connection.
Note: The Sagemcom 1704N should have the correct port forwarding setup needed for most games. If your game needs other ports forwarded, follow these same steps for the ports specified by your game's documentation.