Professional Installation includes:
- Set up of Windstream Wireless Modem
- Home Networking setup
- Installation of up to 4 peripheral devices (printers, laptops, streaming devices)
- New Jack Installation if needed
- $35 Installation Fee will apply
What to expect
A technician will call you on the day of your scheduled installation prior to arriving at your home.
Note: Make sure you provide Windstream with a good phone number so you can be reached.
During the Installation Process, the technician will:
- Deliver and set up your new modem
- Confirm all wiring and connections are working outside your home (new wiring may be required)
- Walk through the Activation Process, which includes:
- Set up Username and Email
- Confirm your Internet connection is working
- Install up to 4 peripheral devices and one phone jack (if needed) – if more than one jack is needed there will be an additional
The total time for the technician to complete your install will vary. If outside work is needed it could take up to two hours. However, if only inside work is required, 1 hour should be sufficient. Please note that these are averages and are only intended as an estimate on the amount of time needed. Depending on the level of work required it could take more or less time.
Someone 18 years or older must be present at the time of installation. Otherwise your appointment will be rescheduled for a later time, which will result in a delay in getting your service set up.
Self Installation includes:
- Shipment of modem with installation instructions
- Technical Assistance is available by phone if needed
- There is no charge for Self-Installation
What to expect
Your service will not be available until the activation date provided. It is possible that this date could change due to Windstream set up requirements.
In order for your connection to work, a technician is required to confirm your address is serviceable. It is possible that the tech could experience delays in confirming the connection is available.
It is not necessary for you to be home for your service to be activated. However, a technician may need full access to the exterior of your property. Please have outside pets secured and gates unlocked so the technician will have access. This access is required to make sure that you are wired to the outside of your house; if this wiring is not in place you will not be able to connect to the Internet.
Your modem will be shipped to your house, and should be received within 3-5 business days.
Upon setting up your modem, you will be walked through a self-install activation process that will include setting up your username and email address.
The average length of time to walk through the entire set up process is approximately 30-60 minutes.
For assistance during installation, contact Windstream Technical Assistance at 1-888-292-3827.