Most computers don't come with dialup modems, so make sure you have one installed before proceeding. Be sure the dialup modem is compatible with Windows 8.
1. Go to the Network and Sharing Center. It can be found by clicking the start button and typing Network and Sharing Center until it shows in the list, or find it in the Control Panel.
2. From Network and Sharing Center click Set up a new connection or network.
3. Choose Set up a dial-up connection and click Next.
4. Enter the number provided to you from Windstream to dial.
5. Enter your Windstream email address and password.
6. Name your connection Windstream dial-up.
7. Click Create.
8. As the final screen states, “To connect to the Internet next time, left-click the network icon in the taskbar and click the connection you just created.”
9. Click Close.