Use the tool below to test your internet connection speed. Simply click on the button with the location nearest to you. This will find a server near you and test the download and upload speeds of your current connection.
Wondering what your results mean?
- The download speed is how fast you can pull data from the server to you. Most connections are designed to download much faster than they upload, since that's the majority of your online activity like loading web pages or streaming videos.
- The upload speed is how fast you push data from you to others. Uploading is necessary for sending big files via email, or in using video-chat to talk to someone else online.
- Latency is the amount of delay (or time) it takes to send information from one point to the next. Latency is usually measured in milliseconds or ms. It may also be referred to as a ping rate.
The tool above, provided by Speedtest.net, measures your connection speed in Mbps, meaning Megabits Per Second. Mbps is the ISP industry-standard, so you can easily compare your result to your high-speed internet plan's speed.
If you are having issues with your connectivity please contact Internet Technical Support at (866) 445-0978. If you find that the speeds calculated here are not the same as the speed you ordered, please contact Customer Service using one of the methods below:
- Customer Service: (866) 445-5880
- Chat with us (Available 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. CT)