Follow the steps below to set up your wireless connection in Windows 8:
- Press the Windows Key + the C buttons on your keyboard or move the mouse cursor to the right hand of the screen until the charms bar appears.
- Click on Settings and in the lower right hand corner of the screen look for Network and click on it.
- Look for the wireless network that matches the label on your modem. The name of your network can be found on the back of your modem and typically begins with the letters W-I-N.
- Select your wireless network. Make sure the "Connect automatically" box is checked, and click "Connect".
- Type in the password that is displayed on the modem label, then click "Next". Your password can be found on the back of your modem next to "Network/Security Key". The password is case sensitive so make sure you enter the letters exactly as they are shown.
- You will be asked if you want to share files across your network when you connect. If you are in your home and you want to turn on sharing select "Yes". If you do not want to share or are in public select "No".
- You will then see you are connected to your wireless network.