Watch this short video for help setting up your wireless network in Windows XP or scroll below for step-by-step instructions.
To set up your Windows XP wireless connection, follow the below steps:
- In the start menu, click the "Control Panel" shortcut.
- In the Control Panel window, click Switch to Classic View. If the text reads Switch to Category View, then you are already in Classic View and can skip to the next step.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click the Network Connections shortcut.
- In the Network Connections window, right-click on the appropriate wireless network connection, and select View Available Wireless Networks.
- In the Wireless Network Connection window, select network then click "Connect". NOTE: For Windstream equipment, the wireless network name is located on the bottom or back of the modem next to SSID.
- Next you will be prompted to enter the password for the network. For Windstream equipment, this password is also located on the bottom or back of the modem, next to Network/Security Key. NOTE: Some keys/passwords are case-sensitive, please make sure you use uppercase and lowercase letters appropriately.