To set up your wireless connection on your Nintendo Wii, follow the below steps:
1. From the Wii home screen select Wii Options
2. Select Wii Settings.
3. Select Internet (from Wii Settings Screen 2)
4. Select Connection Settings
5. Select the Connection number you wish to store this connection against
6. Select Wireless Connection
7. Ensure your wireless router is turned on and within range of your Wii then select Search for an Access Point
8. The Wii will then search for wireless access points within range
9. Select OK.
10. To determine your connection, locate your wireless network name (SSID). For Windstream equipment, the wireless network name is located on the back of the router next to SSID.
If your wireless router has it's wireless radio broadcasting it’s Wi-Fi network (most have this by default, including Windstream's modem), you should see your router's SSID listed on the list of networks.
11. Click in the 'Input the password or key' box
12. Enter the wireless key/passphrase for your router then select OK.
For Windstream equipment, this password is also located on the back of the router, next to Network/Security Key.
NOTE: Some keys/passwords are case-sensitive, make sure you use uppercase and lowercase letters appropriately.
13. Select OK
14. Select OK to save these details
15. Select OK to test your connection
16. The Wii will then perform a connection test on your internet connection
17. If you wish to check for firmware updates for your console select Yes and follow on-screen instructions, if not select No