Watch this short video for help setting up your Windstream wireless modem or scroll below for step-by-step instructions.
Follow the below steps to set up your Windstream wireless modem (black modem with green W):
Step 1: Connecting Your Wireless Modem
- Connect the GREY phone line cable into the modem port marked "DSL".
- Connect the other end of the GREY phone line cable into the side of the phone filter marked "DSL/Modem".
- Connect one end of your power adapter to your modem. Then plug the other end into the power outlet in your wall.
Step 2: Connecting Your Computer to Your Wireless Modem
- Connect the YELLOW Ethernet cable to the "Eth1" port on your modem.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to your computer (Laptop or Desktop).
Note: If you are connecting a computer wirelessly to the modem, the required WEP (Wireless Encryption Key) is located on the bottom of the modem after the word "passphrase". This is only needed for wireless connections.
Step 3: Waiting on Your Modem Lights to Turn Green
The DSL and Internet lights on your modem will flash then turn solid green. This will take a few moments. Note: The Internet light will flash when there is Internet activity.
If your DSL lights don't turn solid green please make sure you followed the steps correctly.
Step 4: Open Internet Explorer
Open Internet Explorer and you will be re-directed to Windstream where we will guide you through the rest of the installation.
Note: You will not be able to browse the Internet until the install is complete.