DISCLAIMER: Windstream technical support does not provide troubleshooting support for this topic. This information is provided for your convenience. Please do not contact Windstream technical support in regards to port forwarding.
- Open your web browser and go to http://192.168.254.254..
- In the 2Wire router interface, click on the tab that is labeled Firewall or you can also click on View firewall summary.
- From this screen, click on Firewall Settings.
- Type admin for the system password and click on Submit.
- In the drop down menu, select which computer you want the ports forwarded to.
- Next, select to either allow individual applications or to allow all applications. Allowing all applications is also known as DMZ Mode. To use one of the already preconfigured applications, select one in the list and click on the Add button and it will appear under the hosted applications section.
- If the application is not present in the list of applications and you do not want to enable the DMZ Mode, you can define which ports you need forwarded by clicking on the link Add a new user-defined application.
- On this screen, type in the name of the application to identify this port forwarding rule.
- Next you will need to supply the following:
- Protocol: Either TCP or UDP
- Port (or Range): The ports that are forwarding traffic. If there is only one port, put the same port number on each field.
- Protocol Timeout: If you are not sure about this setting, type in the default values listed.
- Map to Host Port: If you are not sure about this setting, leave this blank.
- Application Type: If the list doesn't match your application, set this to None.
- When you are finished, click on Add Definition.
- You'll be taken back to the Edit Firewall Settings screen. Click DONE on the bottom-right.
Your 2Wire router should be configured to forward port traffic.