The below information is for customers who purchased:
- Black wireless modem (with or without Windstream Logo)
- White wireless modem (without Windstream Logo)
Note: If you have a white (2-Wire) modem (with Windstream logo) click here for appropriate instructions on changing your password.
This short video will help you change the name of your wireless network and password. You can also scroll below for step by step instructions.
A default wireless password is assigned to each modem and can be found on the back of your modem. Your password is labeled as "Passphrase" or "Network Security Key".
Changing your wireless password is simple. Just follow the instructions below.
From your Windstream high-speed internet connection, go to http://192.168.254.254/wlsecurity.html to change your wireless network password and follow the steps below.
Note: You must do this from your Windstream connection. It cannot be done from remote location.
- Scroll down to 'Manual Setup AP'.
- Locate your Wireless Network Name from the "Select SSID" drop down box. Note: Windstream recommends creating a unique Wireless Network name before changing your Wireless Password. Click here for steps on "How to Change Your Wireless Network Name."
- In the 'WPA/WAPI passphrase' box, enter your preferred new password. Click "Click here to display" to ensure you entered your new password correctly.
- Click 'Apply/Save'.
Your new wireless network password has been saved. Write down your wireless network name and password and store in a safe place. You will be asked to enter for your password when you connect to your wireless network.