Your first Windstream bill will include one-time charges and recurring charges. See the topics below for further information on different one-time and recurring charges that you may see on your bill. Please refer back to this page once your first bill arrives for any questions you may have.
Possible One-Time Charges
Please note that not all of these may apply depending on the services you have selected or there may be other one-time charges.
- Activation Fee: The activation fee is a one-time charge of $50
- Professional Installation Fee: The installation fee is a one-time charge of $35 for professional installation services at your home.
- Jack Install: The jack installation fee is $65 for the installation of a new phone jack at your home.
- Advance payment: If you paid a $20 advance payment, this amount will be applied as a credit to your first bill.
Possible Recurring Charges
Not all of these may apply depending on the services you have selected.
- Monthly recurring cost: This is the monthly cost of your selected Kinetic services. This amount is paid in advance for the next month’s service.
- Proration: You could see prorated charges if you live in Minnesota, New York or Pennsylvania.
Taxes and Fees
Taxes and fees are added to the estimated monthly cost you were quoted. If the amount due on your first bill is different than what you were quoted, the difference is most likely due to the taxes and fees that cannot always be estimated at the time you ordered your service.
When will my first bill be due?
Your due date will be listed on the first page of your bill in the top-right hand corner. You will typically have at least two weeks to pay your bill. Please ensure that the full bill is paid by the due date.
What should I do if I have questions about my bill?
If you have questions about specific charges on your bill, you can reach a customer service representative at 1-866-445-5880. To ensure the fastest possible service, have your account number, phone number and a copy of your bill handy.