Follow the steps below to set up Windstream email on your Android device.
- From the home screen, tap the Applications Tray and then tap Email.
- Select Add Account. In the Email Address and Password field enter your Windstream.net email address and password and tap Next.
- Select IMAP as your email account type.
- Enter the Incoming server settings, then tap Next and enter the Outgoing server settings. See the below table and screenshots for reference.
- Username: Your windstream.net email address
- Password: Your windstream.net email password
- Incoming Server: (IMAP) imap.windstream.net Recommended Port 993 (SSL) or Port 143
- Outgoing Server: (SMTP) smtp.windstream.net Recommended Port 465 (SSL), Port 587 or Port 25
- Note: Windstream recommends using the incoming and outgoing SSL mail server ports when configuring all email clients, to prevent SPAM and safeguard the security of our customers..
- Place a checkmark in the desired account options and tap Next.
- Enter a name for your account and then your name and tap Done.
Your account is now created and you can now send and receive email.