Whole Home Wi-Fi Set Up
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY WHOLE HOME WI-FI SET UP?
Set up includes the following:
- Setup of Kinetic Wi-Fi Gateway Setup of your Home Network
- Installation of all peripheral devices (printers, laptops, streaming devices)
- Installation of one new phone jack if needed
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AT MY WHOLE HOME WI-FI SET UP APPOINTMENT?
A technician will call you on the day of your scheduled installation prior to arriving at your home. Please make sure that you have provided Windstream with a good phone number so you can be reached. Someone 18 years or older must be present at the time of installation. Otherwise, your appointment will be rescheduled for a later time, which will result in a delay in getting your service set up.
During the Installation Process, the technician will:
- Setup your new Kinetic Wi-Fi Gateway
- Confirm all wiring and connections are working outside your home (new wiring may be required)
- Setup your Username and Email
- Confirm your Internet connection is working
- Install all peripheral devices and one phone jack (if needed) - if more than one jack is needed there will be an additional charge. Satellite TV installation is performed by the satellite provider and is not part of your Windstream Professional Installation appointment.
HOW LONG WILL INSTALLATION TAKE?
The total time for the technician to complete your installation will vary. Please note that the times below are averages and are only intended as an estimate of the amount of time needed. Depending on the level of work required it could take more or less time.
For High-Speed Internet installations: If outside work is needed it could take up to two hours. However, if only inside work is required, 1 hour should be sufficient.
WHAT CAN I DO TO PREPARE FOR MY WHOLE HOME WI-FI SET UP APPOINTMENT?
There are a couple of things you can do to prepare for your appointment:
- To avoid delays, please ensure that someone 18 years or older is present at the time of installation.
- Make sure that Windstream has a good contact phone number so we can reach you on the day of installation.
- Identify where you would like the equipment to be installed in your home. A central location nearest to where you will be using the internet the most is best.
- Ensure access is available to the outside of your property (gates are unlocked, crawl space is accessible) and pets are in a secure place.